I have suffered from serious and life-altering illness, and from the complications created by the treatment.
After being a medical professional with a background in clinical laboratory science, chemistry, and pharmacy for over 20 years; I became disillusioned enough with conventional medicine to leave the industry.
In 2013 I started researching other options, and found them. This is where my journey into herbalism, complimentary, and functional medicine began.
There are times when modern medicine is necessary, and it can be lifesaving. There are also times when symptoms, like warning signs, are telling us something is wrong and our bodies may need a lifestyle adjustment rather than a prescription.
1) Taking more personal responsibility and accountability for our health.
2) Pursuing a healthier lifestyle, self reliance, and self sufficiency.
3) Developing and implementing a personal plan to support wellness including:
• Good Nutrition
• Healthy Activity
• Adequate Rest
• Stress Management
• Social Aspects and Interpersonal Relationships
• Work Life
• Environmental Factors
An ounce of prevention can be worth more than a pound of cure.
4) Being well-informed to better care for ourselves.
5) Becoming more effective self-advocates while working with our healthcare team to achieve our best possible health and wellness.
6) Searching for potential causes for symptoms when we aren’t well, rather than relying solely on doctors or medications to “fix” problems or treating/masking symptoms.
I’m not a doctor, so I don’t offer medical advice.
In our interactive Facebook groups we share information about many health related and homesteading topics.
In addition to Facebook groups, learning opportunities occur at live gatherings we have throughout the Midwest.
I hope to inspire others to achieve a healthier, more balanced lifestyle
Live Healthy, Be Well
Owner - Sparrow Rose Soap & Herbs
Instructor - Old World Alliance
Guest Instructor - Pioneering Today Academy
Writer - “Backwoods Survival Guide” and “Prepper Survival Guide” magazines
Would you like to receive recipes, information about herbs, natural remedies, & skin care products? Sign up today!! We value your privacy.
Your support and contributions will enable us to provide more instructional content through our Facebook groups. For those interested, we have groups geared toward healthy living and wellness. We also have groups where you can learn more about making skincare items and herbal preparations. We sincerely appreciate your support.
Learn more at our Patreon site.
Thank you for helping to support Sparrow Rose Soap & Herbs!!
Copyright © 2020 Sparrow Rose Soap & Herbs LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder